Monday, 14 May 2007

Text Blog Entry Eight - an article about my country in the international press

Today, I really want to introduce an article to you which is talking about the traditional way to celebrate Chinese Spring Festival.

Why this year is so different?! Fortune tellers say this is a "golden pig" year, which comes around once every 60 years, although I don't believe it. For me, the most important thing is that we are allowed to play firecrackers at the limited time. As you know, firecrackers are a very traditional way of celebrating Chinese New Year. It had been banned for many years due to the accidents caused by wrong using or bad quality of the firecrackers. However, many people feel we lost a part of cultures and the new year's day is as normal as usual day without the firecrackers. And the new generation have no right to enjoy the happiness which comes out with firecrackers like my childhood.

Therefore, in my opinion, this is really a good news and hope it will be beneficial to keep our traditional culture.

No comments: